Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Remembering Granddaddy

There's a nice article in the Shreveport Times, today, about my grandfather.

His obituary can be read here.

Alyson had a very sweet post about Granddaddy and some nice pics of him with the kids a few days ago that you can see here.


It was an honor to take part in the service for my Granddaddy, yesterday. We kept it fairly brief - something he would have appreciated - and got to the eating part - something he would have appreciated even more. Granddaddy was a wonderful man - a true family man, a noted judge, an excellent (and quite resourceful mechanic), a builder of computers, a fisherman, a Sunday School teacher, a joyful eater, and much more. I'm grateful today for the legacy he has left me, and pray that God will allow me to continue in his footsteps as a man whose presence in this life was a true blessing to all who knew him.

No comments: