Thursday, July 17, 2008

Your turn

Today’s thought comes to you from Dallas, TX, where I’ve spent the week at a Stephen Ministry Leadership Training. For those familiar with Stephen Ministry Training, you know that this has left me with little time for thinking. As always happens when I’m away from Southland, though, I’ve been reminded of what a great church we have. Whether it’s our Stephen Ministers, or our Sunday School Teachers, or all those who helped with VBS (which I heard was fantastic!), we have a church full of people who love the Lord and look for ways to share his love in everyday life. Not every church is like that. So to you, the members of Southland, I say thanks.

Believe it or not, our church is coming up on its 30th anniversary. So I thought I might turn the tables a little bit and ask you to fill in the rest of the thought for today. How has God used Southland in your life? What’s your favorite thing about being a part of the people of God that call themselves Southland Baptist Church?

I'll start. One of my favorite things about Southland . . . is you. Many blessings, and I’ll see you on Sunday.


I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now – Philippians 1:3-5.

1 comment:

Maritia said...

One of my favorite things about Southland is the way everyone is willing to help. When I was a single mom it always amazed me that even people that didn't know me very well were willing to give me help when I needed it. I now try to help others in the church whenever I can.
Maritia Millsap